Posted by niilantei Views 160
The Positive Effects Of Singing
Did you know singing benefits your health? That’s right! On top of being tons of fun, singing also has tons of health benefits. Find out exactly how singing can help you.
- Prevent Cold & Flu: Singing reduces the opportunity for bacteria to flourish in the nose and throat.
- Keep Your Voice Young: Singing exercises the vocal cords and keeps them youthful.
- Healthy Lungs: Singing makes you breathe more deeply so you can take in more oxygen, improve aerobic capacity and release muscle tension.
- Relieve Asthma, Emphysema, and Pulmonary Fibrosis: Breathing from the diaphragm rather than the upper chest may help these conditions.
- Energize Yourself: Singing releases endorphins into the system, making you feel energized and uplifted. Just like chocolate but it provides aerobic exercise to the body too.
- Boost Brain Power: Singing increases concentration and improve memory.
- Banish Anxiety: Singing releases your antibodies: In experiments, saliva taken from singers after rehearsing showed increased secretion of antibodies.
- Reduces Your Blood Pressure: Choral singing increases the heart rate.
- Improve Your Posture: Your chest expands and your back and shoulders straighten when singing.
- Toned Abs: Abdominal and intercostal muscles are all toned by singing
- Get An Oxytocin High: The happy hormone produced during childbirth and sex can also be produced by singing.
- Boost Your Immune System: Singing improves circulation which oxygenates the cells.